Dispatch and Networking Solutions for TETRA
Developed by the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), TETRA is a trunked radio standard that is the preferred choice for many organizations due to its longevity and powerful features.
As members of the Tetra & Critical Communications Association (TCCA), Omnitronics has developed a number of interfaces to the Tetra radio standard. This includes a special Tetra PEI interface and the Tetra Gateway-DM PC gateway for Damm TetraFlex networks.
Which Dispatch Solution?
With the large variety of dispatch consoles and solutions out there, not to mention the differing protocols and technologies, choosing the best dispatch console for your organization can be a confusing process.
Too much choice?
So much choice can be confusing and that’s where Omnitronics can help. We have worked directly with many of the above Radio Manufacturers to create the Digital Radio Gateways that can interconnect them into one common network.
By using this approach, a number of benefits are achieved by Tetra users:
- Multiple protocols (both analog and digital) and manufacturers can be used on the same network.
- Radios can be accessed simultaneously by a Mixture of Dispatch Consoles.
- The cost and complexity of the Dispatch GUI is reduced by loading time critical and proprietary functions to the Gateway.
- Organizations have the flexibility to Change Protocols or Radio Manufacturers.
- 3rd Party Integrators such as IP Voice Recorders can interface to the Omnitronics network, not all the differing interfaces.
- Choice of networking options to ensure network flexibility and resilience.
Omnitronics has developed a range of interfaces for differing Tetra manufacturers, including both proprietary and P25 standard features.
Why Choose Omnitronics for your Tetra Dispatch?
- We have variety of Dispatch Solutions for you to choose from:
- Our consoles include a large range of useful features such as Call Recording, SIP Telephony and Emergency Management.
- Integration with Advanced Location Services
- High Customizability to support simple or advanced screen configurations, relative to your needs.
- We work with you on system design to ensure your needs are met including customization’s as required.
- Ongoing Support Options including upgrades to with the latest features.
So, you have made the decision that it is time to replace that old hardware-based dispatch console. In today’s high-tech world there are many things that need to be considered before choosing the “right” console for your dispatch center. In this article, I will...
omnicore Dispatch Connects Remote Sites via IP Across Statewide Radio NetworkOmnitronics is pleased to announce that it has secured a contract supplying omnicore Radio Dispatch for critical and other communications across the statewide radio...
The first in our RoIP series, this FREE Webinar session explores Radio over IP technology and its uses.
In this complimentary webinar, you will learn the fundamentals of Radio over IP and gain a solid understanding of what the technology is and why it is so important in the radio communications industry.
In the second in our 3-Part RoIP series, you will learn some of the more commonly encountered issues with Radio over IP.
This Webinar will build upon the foundations learnt in the first session and is also suitable for those with an existing understanding of RoIP principles.
The final in our RoIP series, this session explores some of the more complex applications of the Radio over IP technology, including its uses in digital radio and console dispatch.
This Webinar will build upon the foundations learnt in the first two sessions, as well as taking a look at some of the more complicated applications.
Located in Northwest Tennessee, Trenton Police Department had been using an old button based dispatch console for many, many years. However, over time, they found they could not take advantage of new developments and improvements in dispatch technology, as their...