The trend toward digital radio is gaining significant momentum and it’s easy to see why. Digital Radio offers quite a number of significant benefits to organizations:
- Greater Spectral Efficiency than Analog Radio
- Better Voice Clarity
- Improved Encryption
- Significant Data Capabilities
- Increased Functionality such as Text Messaging, Individual Calling and GPS
There is a myriad of digital protocols out there and often this choice can be confusing. An example of the available range includes:
- DMR: An ETSI standard using 2-slot TDMA technology that operates within 12.5kHz channel spacing.
- P25: A TIA standard that is predominately used in the Public Safety sector especially in the USA.
- TETRA: An ETSI standard that utilises 4-slot TDMA technology and is very popular throughout Europe. Operates on 25kHz spacing.
- dPMR: Another ETSI standard that operates on narrowband 6.25kHz FDMA technology.
- NXDN: A narrowband (6.25/12.5kHz) FDMA protocol jointly developed by Icom and JVC Kenwood.
- MotoTRBO: A Motorola protocol that complies with the DMR Tier 2 Standard.
With so many available options, it can be quite daunting for organizations to commit to any one particular standard. That is why Omnitronics has developed the DX-Altus Radio Management System and RediTALK-Flex Dispatch Console that is compatible with an ever growing list of digital protocols in addition to analog and phones.
This flexibility across protocols means that organizations can be confident that they will not be locked into a radio technology that becomes outdated or that they can’t implement additional technology that better meets changing needs.
Omnitronics is a Member of the DMR Association and the Tetra & Critical Communications Association (TCCA).
We'll find the perfect system for your individual needs.
Digital radio solutions have introduced a wave of efficiency, reliability and interoperability benefits to organizations that rely on radio networks. Leveraging established IP infrastructure to make radio communications more effective has revolutionized industries...
Cost efficiency and and streamlined processes are at the core of any business operating in a competitive environment. Moreover, as technology advances, the importance of good communication flows increases, leading to a new need for high-quality...
As the world becomes more mobile and interconnected, businesses must ensure they have instant coordination capabilities and seamless information flows. Digital radio technologies such as DMR and NEXEDGE offer affordable digital communications without...
Innovation in digital mobile radio (DMR) has allowed organizations affordable, functional dispatch systems complete with voice, data and other supplementary services. To gain maximum value from a DMR system, you need to complement your network with a modern and...
The introduction of digital radio technology changed the way organizations communicate, and further development continues to yield new features. The integration of GPS information within radio dispatch systems has further revolutionized how networks are coordinated...
It's no secret that digital radio communications are essentially an auditory medium, and despite all the ways in which you can customize your organization's solution, it will all be for naught if you're unable to hear the transmissions coming in from users on your...