Connect in more ways.
Connect With Anyone Anyhow using Radio over IP
Connect your radio infrastructure over existing IP networks such as VPN or the internet. With remote repeater sites using Radio over IP, there is no need for leased lines, radio links or satellites, saving installation and running costs.
Plus, you get the flexibility to adapt and grow your radio network as your organization adapts and grows.
Radio over IP Benefits
Radio over IP offers a cost effective way to interconnect radio systems and operators together. It is a technology that enhances and adds value to radio communications networks.
Radio over IP (RoIP)
- Uses an existing IP infrastructure (LAN, WAN or VPN)
- Availability and decreasing cost of equipment
- Replaces expensive Leased Lines and microwave links
- Reduces cabling and associated maintenance costs
Across multiple frequency bands or even phones using SIP technology
Interconnect technology from multiple radio vendors
Connect to digital radio networks from remote locations and using different technologies
Interface to the new generation of Push to Talk over Cellular solutions and other mobile applications
Create Network Flexibility
- Sites can be connected over wide geographical areas
- Configure simultaneous connections to multiple sites in parallel
- Simple to add repeater sites and dispatch locations
- Provides simple integration with Dispatch Consoles
- Mesh IP network provides inherent reliability
- Remote monitoring and diagnostic of fault conditions
- Remotely control radios, i.e. change their channels, talk groups, and other key features (radio dependent)
- Control physical outputs, i.e. doors, alarms, etc.
- Standards based encryption supported for enhanced security
- Protecting against unauthorized access and eavesdropping
- Can record using industry standard voice recorders
- Recorders can be located anywhere with network access
Understanding RoIP Networks
Radio over IP differs from Voice over IP technology in a variety of ways. This White Paper explains those differences and the various considerations the IT team and systems integrators need to understand in order to create effective RoIP networks that meet their needs.
Best RoIP Vendor
3 Reasons Why You Should Choose Omnitronics RoIP Solutions
Over 15 Years
15+ years of connecting radios using
Radio over IP
One of the first in the world to develop RoIP technology
Customized RoIP Features
We can customize to suit your applications with our clever team of RoIP engineers
Ready to get started?
Discover Omnitronics leading range of RoIP and Interoperability Gateways.
We'll find the perfect system for your individual needs.
So, you have made the decision that it is time to replace that old hardware-based dispatch console. In today’s high-tech world there are many things that need to be considered before choosing the “right” console for your dispatch center. In this article, I will...
omnicore Dispatch Connects Remote Sites via IP Across Statewide Radio NetworkOmnitronics is pleased to announce that it has secured a contract supplying omnicore Radio Dispatch for critical and other communications across the statewide radio...
The first in our RoIP series, this FREE Webinar session explores Radio over IP technology and its uses.
In this complimentary webinar, you will learn the fundamentals of Radio over IP and gain a solid understanding of what the technology is and why it is so important in the radio communications industry.
In the second in our 3-Part RoIP series, you will learn some of the more commonly encountered issues with Radio over IP.
This Webinar will build upon the foundations learnt in the first session and is also suitable for those with an existing understanding of RoIP principles.
The final in our RoIP series, this session explores some of the more complex applications of the Radio over IP technology, including its uses in digital radio and console dispatch.
This Webinar will build upon the foundations learnt in the first two sessions, as well as taking a look at some of the more complicated applications.
Located in Northwest Tennessee, Trenton Police Department had been using an old button based dispatch console for many, many years. However, over time, they found they could not take advantage of new developments and improvements in dispatch technology, as their...