Radio over IP
Radio over IP offers a cost effective way to interconnect radio systems and operators together. It is a technology that enhances and adds value to radio communications networks.
Understanding RoIP Networks
Radio over IP differs from Voice over IP technology in a variety of ways. This White Paper explains those differences and the various considerations the IT team and systems integrators need to understand in order to create effective RoIP networks that meet their needs.
Benefits of RoIP
1. Lower Costs
– Uses an Existing IP Infrastructure (LAN, WAN or VPN)
– Availability and Decreasing Cost of Equipment
– Replaces Expensive Leased Lines and Microwave Links
2. Improved Reliability
– Mesh IP Network provides an inherently resilient infrastructure
3. Increased Interoperability
– Across multiple frequency bands or even phones using SIP technology.
4. Creates Network Flexibility
– Sites can be connected over wide geographical areas
– Simple to add repeater sites and dispatch locations
Why Choose Omnitronics’ RoIP Solutions?
1. We support multiple connection methods
Including Multicasting, Unicasting, SIP and our unique Conferencing Mode so you can choose the best method of connecting your Radio network without causing issues with your IT network.
2. We support both Dynamic & Static Addressing
3. Provide simple integration with Dispatch Consoles
4. We are the experts in the field with over 30 years experience
5. High levels of customer service to ensure you get the best from your devices
We'll find the perfect system upgrade for you.
Radio over IP (RoIP) has leveraged modern digital technology to introduce a number of impressive new features and benefits to our communications networks. The Internet provides greater widespread connectivity, new functionality such as location services and improved...
Transitioning to Radio over IP (RoIP) offers some tremendous benefits to organizations that rely on two-way radio communications. Lower costs, greater reliability and increased interoperability are just a selection of the enhancements users can expect, for industries...
Omnitronics has grown since it was first established 35 years ago. Beginning as an assortment of engineers and technicians, creating analog communication technology exclusively for the Australian market, it has grown into a world-leading digital communications...