Dispatch Console Feature Highlight: SIP Telephony
While the heavy users on your network are likely using conventional radio, it’s possible that outside users may need to dial in from time to time. omnicore Console uses an extension to connect an organization’s Network Telephone System using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP PABX).
How does SIP Telephony Work in omnicore?
- Using the Phone Workspace or selecting a phone contact from the dispatch system’s integrated contacts list. The operator dials the relevant phone number they wish to call.
- After their call has been answered, they are then able to patch the call to a radio user, allowing the radio user, operator, and phone user to talk – creating a 3-way conference
- The operator can also choose to participate in the call by just listening in or listening and talking, or they can make the call private, place the call on hold and end it once the conversation has concluded.
- Operators can continue to normally PTT to radio users while a phone call is active
- History feature which includes a list of all previously dialled, missed and answered phone calls that can be re-dialled by a click.
With simple to use touch-screen operation and quick dialing from your contact list, not to mention further features like call recording and playback, having SIP Telephony built into omnicore puts them amongst the most comprehensive dispatch solutions available.
For further information about how SIP Telephony can improve your dispatch, or for a demonstration of the product in action, speak to Omnitronics today.
Enterprise Radio Dispatch Management
The Easy to Use and Flexible Stand-Alone Dispatch Software. Deploy in the Cloud, on Site, or in a Data Center.