Radio over IP
Radio over IP offers a cost effective way to interconnect radio systems and operators together. It is a technology that enhances and adds value to radio communications networks.
Benefits of RoIP
1. Lower Costs
– Uses an Existing IP Infrastructure (LAN, WAN or VPN)
– Availability and Decreasing Cost of Equipment
– Replaces Expensive Leased Lines and Microwave Links
2. Improved Reliability
– Mesh IP Network provides an inherently resilient infrastructure
3. Increased Interoperability
– Across multiple frequency bands or even phones using SIP technology.
4. Creates Network Flexibility
– Sites can be connected over wide geographical areas
– Simple to add repeater sites and dispatch locations
Why Choose Omnitronics’ RoIP Solutions?
1. We support multiple connection methods
Including Multicasting, Unicasting, SIP and our unique Conferencing Mode so you can choose the best method of connecting your Radio network without causing issues with your IT network.
2. We support both Dynamic & Static Addressing
3. Provide simple integration with Dispatch Consoles
4. We are the experts in the field with over 30 years experience
5. High levels of customer service to ensure you get the best from your devices
Let us know how we can help you
Leased lines are still being used in many parts of the world to carry voice communications between radio repeater sites and from radio sites to dispatching centers. Telecom service providers charge for this service and fees can be a significant proportion of the...read more
Radio over IP (RoIP) has leveraged modern digital technology to introduce a number of impressive new features and benefits to our communications networks. The Internet provides greater widespread connectivity, new functionality such as location services and improved...read more
In business it’s resilience, in psychology it’s plasticity but whatever you call it, flexibility is an essential component of a successful organization. There is no better way to create flexibility than through highly agile communication systems. Unlike cellular...read more