Power & Utility Communications
Power & Utility companies count on radio communications to deliver services to our communities. Organizations that are responsible for providing electricity, water, gas and telecommunications services need a communications system that allows them to carry-out their operations with maximum efficiency so that interruptions to critical public services are minimized. Control room staff and dispatch operators need to communicate with operations and maintenance staff, supervisors, and emergency teams in the field.
Coordination of jobs over large geographical areas takes place regularly in both routine and emergency situations. This calls for a reliable radio network that can be bridged to span great distances and can be accessed through available technologies such as VoIP. The key, therefore, is to integrate the available communications mediums in a simple and intuitive manner, controlled from a reliable and efficient radio management system regardless of complexity.
Which Dispatch Solution?
With the large variety of dispatch consoles and solutions out there, not to mention the differing protocols and technologies, choosing the best dispatch console for your organization can be a confusing process.
Omnitronics provides a number of solutions to meet these needs:
- The 619 Range of Audio Bridges enables interoperability between frequency bands and provide a simple way of rebanding and/or narrowbanding a network
- The IPR Range of VoIP adapters/gateways for connecting existing Analog Equipment via an IP network and providing the number of benefits RoIP gives organizations.
- The DRG Range of digital radio gateways for added security, flexibility and interoperability on digital radio networks.
- The altusomni Radio Management System which provides phased upgrades from analog to digital protocols, interoperability between protocols and complete redundancy, amongst many other benefits.
- RediTALK-Flex dispatch console for small to medium sized dispatch centers who want the powerful functionality of digital radio and the flexibility of RoIP but without the complexity of a server.
Yes, We Connect Your Industry, Too!
We'll find the perfect system upgrade for you.
Use Case Connecting Two-Way Radio Repeater Sites Using IPWhen dealing with multiple sites using analog two-way radio that are far apart, connecting repeater sites using IP is an easy way to join communications between them. The process to join...
Case Study DX-Altus Dispatch Connecting Public Safety AgenciesThe City of Lake City in Florida commissioned Omnitronics to supply and install a Radio Management Solution to manage radio communications for its Police and Fire departments. The existing dispatching...
The IPR110+ RoIP gateway has been used to connect phone users at regional offices to radio users in the field, eliminating the need for manual patching and allowing staff at the utilities regional offices on IP phones to support a number of regional clients and...