The trend toward digital radio is gaining significant momentum and it’s easy to see why. Digital Radio offers quite a number of significant benefits to organizations:
- Greater Spectral Efficiency than Analog Radio
- Better Voice Clarity
- Improved Encryption
- Significant Data Capabilities
- Increased Functionality such as Text Messaging, Individual Calling and GPS
There is a myriad of digital protocols out there and often this choice can be confusing. An example of the available range includes:
- DMR: An ETSI standard using 2-slot TDMA technology that operates within 12.5kHz channel spacing.
- P25: A TIA standard that is predominately used in the Public Safety sector especially in the USA.
- TETRA: An ETSI standard that utilises 4-slot TDMA technology and is very popular throughout Europe. Operates on 25kHz spacing.
- dPMR: Another ETSI standard that operates on narrowband 6.25kHz FDMA technology.
- NXDN: A narrowband (6.25/12.5kHz) FDMA protocol jointly developed by Icom and JVC Kenwood.
- MotoTRBO: A Motorola protocol that complies with the DMR Tier 2 Standard.
With so many available options, it can be quite daunting for organizations to commit to any one particular standard. That is why Omnitronics has developed the DX-Altus Radio Management System and RediTALK-Flex Dispatch Console that is compatible with an ever growing list of digital protocols in addition to analog and phones.
This flexibility across protocols means that organizations can be confident that they will not be locked into a radio technology that becomes outdated or that they can’t implement additional technology that better meets changing needs.
Omnitronics is a Member of the DMR Association and the Tetra & Criticial Communications Association (TCCA).
We'll find the perfect system upgrade for you.
RediTALK-Flex Provides City of Bayswater with a Unified and Interoperable Solution for Voice and Vehicle Tracking
Case Study RediTALK-Flex Provides City of Bayswater with a Unified and Interoperable Solution for Voice and Vehicle Tracking City of Bayswater Known as the “Garden City”, covers a beautifully maintained area of 34km2 located just 8km north-east...read more
In the past, dispatch management systems have traditionally focused on their primary function: communications. Hence data analysis and reporting are not intuitively at the forefront of system administrators’, designers’ and purchasers’ minds. With big and smart data...read more
Alberta Health Services brings together health entities province-wide into one wider health network. As part of ensuring collaboration with each other and with emergency services, each hospital is equipped with MPT1327 radio equipment. By using Radio over IP Gateways...read more