The trend toward digital radio is gaining significant momentum and it’s easy to see why. Digital Radio offers quite a number of significant benefits to organizations:
- Greater Spectral Efficiency than Analog Radio
- Better Voice Clarity
- Improved Encryption
- Significant Data Capabilities
- Increased Functionality such as Text Messaging, Individual Calling and GPS
There is a myriad of digital protocols out there and often this choice can be confusing. An example of the available range includes:
- DMR: An ETSI standard using 2-slot TDMA technology that operates within 12.5kHz channel spacing.
- P25: A TIA standard that is predominately used in the Public Safety sector especially in the USA.
- TETRA: An ETSI standard that utilises 4-slot TDMA technology and is very popular throughout Europe. Operates on 25kHz spacing.
- dPMR: Another ETSI standard that operates on narrowband 6.25kHz FDMA technology.
- NXDN: A narrowband (6.25/12.5kHz) FDMA protocol jointly developed by Icom and JVC Kenwood.
- MotoTRBO: A Motorola protocol that complies with the DMR Tier 2 Standard.
With so many available options, it can be quite daunting for organizations to commit to any one particular standard. That is why Omnitronics has developed the DX-Altus Radio Management System and RediTALK-Flex Dispatch Console that is compatible with an ever growing list of digital protocols in addition to analog and phones.
This flexibility across protocols means that organizations can be confident that they will not be locked into a radio technology that becomes outdated or that they can’t implement additional technology that better meets changing needs.
Omnitronics is a Member of the DMR Association and the Tetra & Critical Communications Association (TCCA).
We'll find the perfect system for your individual needs.
We’ve made it easier than ever for operators to communicate with the release DX-Altus version 5.0. Introducing new features and functionalities, version 5.0 makes it simple for operators to effectively communicate in group environments with the addition of radio patch...
The constant evolution of technology in the workplace brings with it some tremendous benefits, chief amongst them being improvements to productivity. Regardless of the industry, every organization is welcoming of new tools to help them do more in less time. For...
Were you to take inventory of all the radio equipment across your entire network, it’s unlikely that a fully unified fleet of devices would be found. As the network expands, adding new users at various locations or even replacing old and unsuitable equipment, you may...
In the types of industries that rely on digital radio communications, there are often a number of challenges with safety that are of paramount concern. Maritime, mining and resources and transportation are amongst the most hazardous sectors an individual can work...
We've made RediTALK-Flex better than ever, with the recent release of RediTALK-Flex 2.0. With more features and added functionalities, there's never been a better time to get in touch for your obligation free consultation on the powerful RediTALK-Flex dispatch...
Vertel awards contract to Omnitronics to supply City of Bayswater with RediTALK-Flex dispatch console. Omnitronics has announced that it’s been chosen by Vertel, a worldwide provider of critical communications, to supply local Australian government council the City of...