The trend toward digital radio is gaining significant momentum and it’s easy to see why. Digital Radio offers quite a number of significant benefits to organizations:
- Greater Spectral Efficiency than Analog Radio
- Better Voice Clarity
- Improved Encryption
- Significant Data Capabilities
- Increased Functionality such as Text Messaging, Individual Calling and GPS
There is a myriad of digital protocols out there and often this choice can be confusing. An example of the available range includes:
- DMR: An ETSI standard using 2-slot TDMA technology that operates within 12.5kHz channel spacing.
- P25: A TIA standard that is predominately used in the Public Safety sector especially in the USA.
- TETRA: An ETSI standard that utilises 4-slot TDMA technology and is very popular throughout Europe. Operates on 25kHz spacing.
- dPMR: Another ETSI standard that operates on narrowband 6.25kHz FDMA technology.
- NXDN: A narrowband (6.25/12.5kHz) FDMA protocol jointly developed by Icom and JVC Kenwood.
- MotoTRBO: A Motorola protocol that complies with the DMR Tier 2 Standard.
With so many available options, it can be quite daunting for organizations to commit to any one particular standard. That is why Omnitronics has developed the DX-Altus Radio Management System and RediTALK-Flex Dispatch Console that is compatible with an ever growing list of digital protocols in addition to analog and phones.
This flexibility across protocols means that organizations can be confident that they will not be locked into a radio technology that becomes outdated or that they can’t implement additional technology that better meets changing needs.
Omnitronics is a Member of the DMR Association and the Tetra & Criticial Communications Association (TCCA).
We'll find the perfect system for your individual needs
We’ve made it easier than ever for operators to communicate with the release DX-Altus version 5.0. Introducing new features and functionalities, version 5.0 makes it simple for operators to effectively communicate in group environments with the addition of radio patch...read more
Recognized as one of the best colleges in the south, High Point University (HPU) is a private liberal arts university in North Carolina, USA. With over 4800 students, the university takes security of its grounds seriously, as recently demonstrated by its...read more
What if you could see exactly where your personnel were and contact them via radio on one screen? Given the types of solutions tech companies are producing nowadays, such a situation may seem easily attainable. However, integrating maps into dispatch software may be...read more