Connect more in more ways.
Why Digital Radio Gateways?
The Omnitronics Range of Digital Radio Gateways provide organizations with a range of benefits including added security, redundancy and flexibility.
The gateways operate as an interface between Omnitronics dispatch solutions and a digital radio such as a MotoTRBO mobile, a DMR repeater or a P25 base. Whether an organization is running different digital radio systems (including DMR, P25, Tetra etc) or a combination of them, it doesn’t matter.
The radio gateways translate voice and data into the same digital protocol, meaning differing radios and protocols will all be able to connect to the one network. Users are no longer restricted in their choice of protocol nor need to convert their entire network in one swoop. True interoperability is now within reach.
Adding Value to Digital Radio Networks
Why use a Gateway for Digital Radio?
While digital radios already operate over IP, gateways still provide significant benefits to mission critical communications.
Save on Cost
Allow radios with point-to-point protocols to be shared amongst a number of operator positions.
Additionally, only one vocoder is required.
Scaling up has never been so simple.
Networks can easily be added to and expanded when RoIP gateways are used. Have your full choice of dispatch consoles and equipment.
RoIP gateways can build in redundancies and back-up paths – increasing availability and reliability of the network.
Benefits of Radio over IP
What is Radio over IP? See how RoIP can decrease costs and increase flexibility.
- Number of channels (timeslots): 1
- 10/100-BaseT Ethernet port via RJ-45 connectors: 1
- Powered from a 12V DC plug pack
- Multicast addressing support
- Multiple voice codecs for compression
- Voice Activity Detection (VAD) with silence suppression for bandwidth efficiency
- Software attenuation of Radio-side levels
- Status and diagnostic LED indicators on front panel
- Software configurable and firmware upgradeable via web interface
- Static or dynamic IP address configuration
- Optional voice encryption with user configurable key
- Supports incoming SIP connections from Omnitronics equipment and software
- Secure communications using AES encryption (Australia model only)
- 4-wire plus E&M signals on Transceiver port compatible with Omnitronics 619 Audio Bridges
- USB ‘master’ port
- RS-232 radio control port
- Connection to both transceivers and operator handsets
We’ll find the perfect system for your individual needs.
Webinar: Creating Reliable, Efficient Communications Without Breaking The Bank Using Radio over IP for Law Enforcement Agencies Join us...
A leading security and facility services company in North America provide specialized retail security to more than 1,000 shopping centers....
City Council in Perth Western Australia Managing City Council Communication RediTALK-Flex Dispatch Console Business Benefits Reaching...